Sent - lemme know if you haven’t received.
Thank you for sending those log files over, I do notice the start and stopping behavior in the new set you uploaded. I don’t see a cause from my end, so I have forwarded the logs over to QA for a closer inspection.
Can I please ask that you also upload your latest Roon Backup and send it to me via private message, as you have sent the logs? I would like to have this available in case QA requests this once your case reaches their queue. Thanks!
Sent. Thanks again for looking into this and let me know if anything more needed.
I appreciate your patience until my review request reached the queue. I spoke to QA about the diagnostics from your install, but unfortunately there are not much additional information that we can ascertain, and the backup we received appears to be incomplete. QA has suggested that we proceed as follows:
- Reinstall Roon fresh using these instructions:
- Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
- Exit out of Roon
- Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
- Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
- Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
- Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
Add all of your audio devices back
Add any music streaming accounts and wait for the import to finish
Add your local content and wait until Roon imports and completes analysis
Let me know if there are any issues and if so on which of the step(s) it occurs
We believe that this may have been an environmental issue, so seeing if a fresh RoonServer install works as expected would provide us a valuable data point, and then once we confirm this we can take another look at the backup structure. Thanks!
Greetings, Thanks for the review.
As mentioned, I sent some of the backup folders (most recent file date) in an effort to reduce zip file size. Happy to send the complete backup if that would be useful.
Otherwise, looks like a complete rebuild on my end. Too bad. I will do this over time and will let you know iff I run into any problems.
Do let me know how the fresh rebuild is working out. Once we confirm that everything works as expected for an extended period of time (a week or so), we can circle back to the backup and I can request QA take another look. Thanks!
Sorry, no more tinkering time on this for me. What’s gone with the failed backup/restore is gone. You can consider this closed. (Not what I would like, but for me it isn’t worth the additional time needed to resolve further.)
No worries, I will go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any further issues do feel free to reach out again, thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.