Roon Server on Windows Server, Can't Connect

Hi, I’m trying to install RoonServer on Windows Server 2012R2 and while my Roon App sees the RoonServer, it’s unable to connect. I’ve opened inbound ports for RoonServer via Windows Firewall. Anything else I need to do? Thanks!

My only experience is with audiophileoptimizer installed. Then Roon server ran without any trouble.

What do you mean by ‘opened inbound ports for RoonServer’?
You need to add exceptions to the firewall for Roon.exe and RAAT.exe.

Usually the best thing to do is to just turn off the firewall completely to see if everything is working. Then you can add in the exceptions, and turn on the firewall. If turning off the firewall doesn’t help. it could be multiple issues.
I’m moving your thread over to Support, where it belongs. If we can’t get this going for you quickly, then the Roon Support people can add more firepower. I’m just an experienced Roon User.

You need to create 2 firewall rules on the Server, do this as the user that runs RoonServer:
Open cmd or powershell and paste

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=“RoonServer” dir=in action=allow program="$Env:LOCALAPPDATA\RoonServer\Application\RoonServer.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=“RoonAppliance” dir=in action=allow
program="$Env:LOCALAPPDATA\RoonServer\Application\RoonAppliance.exe" enable=yes

1 Like

You may have found this one. Public vs Private Network setting

I agree, as a service i had problems… but as a schedueld task it runs fine
I will post about it soonish =)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.