Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus TUF AX-3000

Connected Audio Devices

Alienware

Number of Tracks in Library

5,000 tracks

Description of Issue

My Neclues was working fine before power off last week. When I power on it again today, the Roon server software fails to start, it shows ‘not running’ on Nucleus web page as attached screenshot. Reboot Nucleus doesn’t help. Please support, thanks.
2023-02-06 201422

First thing to check: look at the Networking section on your Web Administration page. Is it showing the IP address, Netmask and Gateway details, or does it just show the Ethernet tab header and nothing else?

If it is showing full details, then try Reinstalling the Operating System using the Reinstall button. Reinstallation will not reset your database or settings.

If the Networking section is blank, then this is a symptom of a failing SSD, and reinstallation of the Operating System may only be a temporary solution. It would be better to get the SSD replaced. In this situation, please supply the following details:

• Is the Nucleus still within the 2-year warranty?
  • Was it purchased from a dealer or direct from Roon?
1 Like

The Roon server comes back after reisntalling the OS, thanks a lot for your help :grinning:
BTW, I bought the Nucleus from Amazon 4 years ago

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.