Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Alien HD, Nucleus wired by Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

dCS VIvaldi
dCS Rossini
dCS Bartók

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Nucleus has been rebooting by itself for several days, so I reinstalled the OS from the Web Admin UI. After that, codecs were missing, and the Roon Server software would not run. I get the following message in a pop-up window in the Web UI after each attempt to restart the server:

‘Roon Server could not be successfully restarted. Please try rebooting, or contact support.’

On fifth OS reinstall attempt, Roon Server is now running - no clue why it did on previous attempts.

Software versions are reported as:

Roon OS - Version 1.0 (build 227) stable (this same version that has been rebooting arbitrarily the past several days)

Roon Server - Version 1.8 (build 1105) stable

Hey @Casey_McKee ,

Thanks for reaching out! I assume this is the Nucleus unit tied to the account you’re posting from, correct? I enabled diagnostics for the unit and I’m seeing some strange behavior in the logs, but the system log is not telling me anything useful yet, it looks like it’s only been turned on for a short wile after your reset.

Can you please monitor the unit over the weekend and if there are any issues, can you note the time + date of the issue and let me know here? I can give the diagnostics another look after the weekend. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.