Roon skipping through tracks not playing

MacBook Air dedicated Roon core only. OSX 10.14.6 11inch Mid 2012, 1.6GHz core i6, 4Gb 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

TEXT GOES HERE

Synology 413j NAS, gigabit ethernet to Mac dedicated core for Roon (ethernet to net), USB to Audiophilleo SPDIF converter attached directly onto a Bryston BDA-1 DAC, XLR to Musical Fidelity Nu Vista to B&W 805D3’s.

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE
Roon suddenly decides(?) that rather than playing tracks when a new album is selected (either from NAS or Tidal) to skip between tracks sequentially. It stops for less than a second on each track and without playing anything skips to the next track and so on.
The Mac Audio Midi shows the Mac skipping between output devices - Audiophilleo to system out, etc.
Reboot DAC - no change
Quit & reboot Roon - no change
Reboot Mac - no change
Reboot the Audiophilleo - no change

If I change to another DAC (Denafrips Terminator) via Audiophilleo I have the same issue. If I go direct USB to the Denafrips then the issue does not occur.

NOTE:

1. Roon does not recognise the Bryston BDA-1. In fact does not recognise the BDA-2 or 3 which are current models.
    Have tried using it as a BDP-1, but no go.

2. Both DACs are powered down before any changes of cables.

This has been reported by others, but I cannot see any resolutions offered.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.