Roon skips randomly in the middle of songs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Apple Mac mini (late 2014)
Processor: 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB
Hard drive: 1.12 TB Fusion

Running the latest Roon v1.7 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

EERO Pro 2nd gen mesh wifi with 3 pucks

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Stereo 1
Peachtree DAC connected to Mac mini core machine feeding office stereo

Stereo 2
Airport Express (2nd generation) feeding living room stereo

Stereo 3
Apple TV model A1842 (64 GB) feeding family room stereo

In addition to the above, we have two Apple HomePods.

Description Of Issue

Stereo connected to core machine works great. When Roon is connected to Apple airplay songs frequently skip (slight pause) in the middle of the song. This can happen 2 or 3 times in one song. This happens when playing music on any of the Apple airplay devices, whether grouped or on their own.

I started my Roon service just prior to the release of v1.7. I believe airplay was working fine before the update. I am not using any DSP settings. Core computer does not appear to be over taxed.

Hi @Richard_Manser

If you temporarily have the Core and one of the problematic Airplay zones connected to the same Eero node, does the issue still occur?

Yes. I connected one of the HomePods to the same EERO node and the played track still experiences the same problem.

Also, Apple Music and Tidal work fine when connected directly with any and all of the Airplay zones.

Hi @Richard_Manser,

Can you please reproduce this issue on the Homepod connected to the same Eero node and let me know the exact local time + date + track of the next failure? I’d like to take a look at diagnostics from your Core once I have this info.

This morning everything is working fine. I cannot get the HomePods or any of the other Airplay zones to fail. Baffled.

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Manser,

Glad to hear the issue stopped happening, if the issue re-occurs please provide the above info, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.