Roon skips/stops with "An Audio File is loading slowly". .when playing hi-res from Nucleus

Having an odd problem when playing anythin high res from my Nucleus to a NAD T758 using bluesound. All connections are wired and when I play to my Devialet 400 or Phantom or Airplay I have no issues. Problem occurs if source is hard drive internal to Nucleus or Qobuz. It will play for 2 minutes or 20 but eventually I get the error message about a file loading slowly and it will stop or skip a bunch of songs until it finds a low res/CD.

I am not using any DSP. Files that fail are DSD, 192 or 96.

Roon server - Nucleus. Source - internal or Qobuz. All connections wired.

Wired to what, and what else might be hanging off any associated routers or switches.

Nucleus is ethernet wired to a Ubiquiti Dream Machine and so is NAD T758. between the path of the Nucleus and T758 no routhers or switches. Both direct connect into the UDM router. Internet is FIOS 500/500.

I’ve no idea where to begin with that device. Sorry.

That looks like a managed switch which can cause issues for Roon depending on its setup. You might start by taking a look at the FAQ: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

Managed switches are halfway down the page.

I’m not convinced it is the router/switch. I had the same issue with my Netgear Nighthawk but didn’t use the room much until now. additionally, the same switch works fine to my Devialet 400 (RAAT) and Denon receiver via airplay. something with the NAD is causing an issue when Roon has to “work” more - meaning anything other than low def.

Sorry@ Rugby The Dream Machine is a router not a switch. I use Ubiquiti kit their USG Router and US8 switches (which are managed) no issues at all as they are configured properly.

It also seems like it can be used a gateway router which means the comments in the networking FAQ about routers might also be applicable.

yes, I was double checking it and responding when you posted. The point was to verify according to the networking FAQ the current configuration, including the settings which deal with multicast.

Probably not an issue, but helpful to check that the processing speed is >1.0:

Hi @Adam_Crafton1,

Is the NAD on the latest firmware?
What does the Processing Speed report when you are streaming the high-res files?

Noris - the NAD unit is on the latest software. The processing speed is either not displayed or when it does display on a track that stops/skips is around 19 to 21.

Hi @Adam_Crafton1,

Can you please reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date + track you next experience it on and then send me a copy of both your Roon logs and Bluesound logs?

You can access Roon logs by using these instructions and your Bluesound logs by using these instructions:

You can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy + paste the text into a text editor

Please send both as a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.