Roon skips tracks/stops when grouping 2 players

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+,

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

On cabled ethernet, high speed.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lyngdorf tdai-3400, connected with cabled ethernet
Bluesound pulse mini, connected with wifi

Description Of Issue

When grouping my Lyngdorf tdai-3400 and the pulse mini, Roon very often skips or stops tracks.
When ungrouping, and playing either with Lyngdorf or the pulse mini, it does not skip tracks.
I have seen quite a few threads on skipping of tracks, but couldnt dedact anything from them, that seemed applicaple for me. So I really need help to fix this, as grouping is something very valuable to me.

How is the mini connected?

the mini is on the wifi

Hi @Jesper_Skovlund,

Can you please try connecting it via Ethernet as a test? There have been a few reports of issues with WiFi streaming on BluOS devices, so it would be good to confirm if the WiFi is the cause of the issue.

thanks, i will try to do that, and get back once i have tried.

1 Like

dear @noris
i tested the mini with ethernet for a few hours, and there was no skipping at all…, so that indicates that the problem occurs when the mini is on wifi.
I should add that this pulse mini was bought 2-3 years ago, and i am not sure if the pulse mini’s were roon ready at that time. Anyway…hoping for direction so I can go back to grouping :slight_smile: thanks, Jesper

2 Likes

Hi @Jesper_Skovlund,

Thanks for testing Ethernet and glad to hear that it works as expected. We are working with Bluesound to troubleshoot issues on WiFi when streaming, but this will likely take some time as it would need to be a collaboration between our two companies. I suggest that you use Ethernet for the time being.

hi @noris
Thanks for the reply. Happy to hear that you are working with Bluesound to fix it.
Would you say that there is a higher probability that it will work with wifi if I get a new pulse mini - i believe they gradually improved them over the past 2-3 years…?

Hi @Jesper_Skovlund,

I would not suggest using WiFi until this WiFi issue we’re working with Bluesound on is resolved. If you must use WiFi, I would look into getting a Roon Bridge with WiFi and connect it via another input until we track down the cause of the WiFi issues. Or an even better solution would be to get a mesh network like Orbi/Eero and have an Ethernet connection from the access point to Mini.

Hi @noris
Ok thx. I will consider those options until the wifi BluOS issue has been resolved. How will i know when it has been solved…? Will it be posted somewhere…? Thx again, Jesper

Hi @Jesper_Skovlund,

Any changes here would require a new BluOS firmware, so when the new firmware is released you should be able to check in the BluOS app and then can verify for the issue again on WiFi once the update is applied.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.