Roon slow to search and load artists/albums/songs, play etc and loses endpoint often

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core on MacMini, 4GB RAM, 250G SSD, Roon version 1.7 (build 511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Music files on WD external HD connected to MacMini via USB, MacMini on Ethernet via NETGEAR Gigabit switch

Roon endpoint is MacMini’s built-in headphone jack to the amp

Description Of Issue

Roon is slow to start up. I guess this is normal considering that I have tens of thousands of albums stored in external HD drive?
Roon is also slow to search for albums/artists, to play etc as well. Sometimes Roon loses endpoint (MacMini’s headphone jack) and cannot recover unless I reboot Roon.

Can you help?

** In addition, when I search for artists on Roon iOS/iPhone, some albums are missing from. When I do the same on other devices, it seems to be loading all the albums.

4GB RAM is the minimum requirement and might no longer be sufficient for the size of your library, especially when the server runs on a full blown desktop OS alongside other applications.

FAQ: What are the minimum requirements?

Hi @Dai_Kurokawa,

Can you provide the exact number of tracks in your library? You can find this by going to the Overview screen.

How long are searches taking? Can you provide examples?

For playback, how long does it take to get started? Is this for both streaming and local playback? For all endpoints?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.