Roon sometimes takes forever to display an album

This started a few updates ok. Roon used to be really fast. Click on an album and the info came up right away. Now, at times, I click on an album and it takes 30 seconds or so for the info to display. My Roon remotes are on 2 Macs, and M2 Studio and an M3 MacBook Pro. I’m running on a Nucleus+ server with Gigabit Ethernet.

My network is healthy, don’t see delays on anything else. Roon server recently rebooted but it made no difference. I’m reasonable sure this was introduced in a Rooon update a few months ago. Never saw it before. Doesn’t happen all the time, but enough to be irritating.

Thanks.

Hey @Mel_Martin,

Thanks for writing in and apologies for the delay in getting to your thread!

I’m curious, as you have around 20k tracks in your library, how many tracks would you estimate to be under ‘Various Artists’?

The next time you experience slower performance, take note of the specific date, time, and name of track playing and share it here. :+1:

I have 27 folders (ripped CDs) under Various Artists. I will check next time and get back to you… this all worked fine for years… about a year ago after an update it got really slow…

Thanks

Mel

1 Like