Roon spins endlessly when importing content (QNAP)

@noris
Thanks for your feedback. I will take care about new logs over the weekend if ok for you.
I will reboot and let it run for some hours and then take the logs.
Kind regards
Andy

1 Like

@noris: Link to Log Files sent via PM.
Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

Hi @Rantanplanary ,

I spoke to QA about the issue and they have located the same error - System.ArgumentException: String contains invalid Unicode code points but it is not clear what file is causing it.

We have enabled some additional diagnostics for your account that are more verbose, can you please perform the same actions as before?

Thanks for your effort on this. I will reboot and wait till it gets stuck. Will take few days for proper data.

1 Like

The spinning blue circle is finally gone. It started when I added a USB drive for a backup. Very long story short, I tried a second USB drive, thinking it was defective. Nope, same thing. I uninstalled the drive and essentially removed instructions for my backup completely, then set them again. So far, so good. I backed up to a different location on my Mac Mini and things started to work smoothly again.

A lot of reading later, I think I understood an issue others encountered might be a non-solid state USB back up was powering down, then when called upon began some sort of error which continued until I dismounted it.

Fast forward to about a month ago I added a SSD drive, set up the backup parameters and both backups are working well.
So a spinning disc backup drive caused a blue spinning circle as far as I can tell.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Hey guys.

Just wanted to note, that the spinning circle is gone since the update today…

Might be that this did the trick?

• Resolved issues where invalid chars in windows’ folders file paths could cause folder watching to misbehave.
1 Like

Hi @Rantanplanary ,

Thanks for the update here, glad to hear that the wheel stopped spinning on your end! Please, do let us know if the issue still appears to be resolved moving forward.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.