Roon stalls on start and will not open

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 Home 64bit
Ver 1909
Core i5-3230M
8GB memory
256gb SSD, 204gb available
Intel HD graphics 4000
All drivers and OS up to date as of last week
Roon 1.7 can’t tell which build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to modem/switch
Ethernet to Naim Mu-so 2
Ethernet to Buffalo NAS (roughly 2.5k CD and HD albums)

Internet speed between 300 and 400mb

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Mu-So 2 Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Roon stalls on startup, freezes on the logo.
Restarted PC numerous times same issue
Left overnight and still the same

Was working well on Monday.

Separately I have noticed some stutter on Tidal. via android app.

Try the 32bit install…your system is old and known issues with HD4000 Intel chipsets and drivers are reported by many. Widows updates often are the bug bear here as well.

Did you check the graphics drivers through windows update or at the Intel site?

Hi
Graphics drivers all up to date.

Its been working fine no just will not open.

Rob

Hi

Its been 64 bit for over a year with no issues and all drivers are up to date.

I’ll give the 32 bit a try but odd it’s only just started to not work.

Rob

Windows did a massive patch tueday this week so things could have changed. suggest you perhaps look at the update history too.

Hey @Robert_Culnane, I agree about the windows updates. There is another possibility here too, have you made any changes to your firewall or antivirus recently? And new software since this issue started? I’d also recommend a reboot if you haven’t already, especially after the windows updates.

Hi All,

Thanks for your help, I think it was a combination on Win Update and Graphics drivers. Windows said drivers were go but went on to the Intel site and needed to updates. All good now but just to be safe a new PC on its way with i5 7th gen.

Rob

Hello @Robert_Culnane, that’s awesome news! Let us know if you need help in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.