Roon starts and immediately crahes

Roon Core Machine

CPU i7-4790 3.6GHz
Windows 10 Pro ( installed 14/11/20) 20H2 build 19042.1415
64-bit OS
16.0GB RAM

NOTES:
Recently installed Norton anti-tracker (Full norton suite installed). Disabling firewall does not have any improvement.
Re-installed Roon
Re-installoed .NET
Auto-updated NVidia GT1030 drivers

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connected to ASUS RT-ACU68U router
via a Virgin Media Hub β†’ Home network (with external connection >200mbs)

Connected Audio Devices

Computer β†’ USB β†’ Meridian Prime headphone Amp (used as DAC)-> analogue out β†’ Meridian 861

Number of Tracks in Library

??? Guess approx 3000 albums

Description of Issue

Roon starts and then immediately crashes. Had been working for many months.
TIDAL works (in web interface) without problem

NOTES:
Recently installed Norton anti-tracker (Full norton suite installed). Disabling firewall does not have any improvement.
Re-installed Roon
Re-installoed .NET
Auto-updated NVidia GT1030 drivers

Hey @Liam_Scanlan we’re so sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this! Thank you so much for your patience, it is truly appreciated!

I was hoping to check in to see if you were still experiencing Roon crashing?

If so, can you please reproduce the issue, let Roon crash, note the timestamp and date of when this happens, and use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Please let me know once you have uploaded the logs so we can take a look! Thanks!

Thanks for your assistance. (I did previously hear from a moderator(?)/member of staff(?) - very helpfulI have managed to get Roon going again (without crashing). I tried multiple times - succeeding only when I cleared all previous settings (nervous of losing everything)! Lesson learned.
Many thanks and kind regards
Liam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.