Roon startup very slow

From a user perspective, I just want to listen to music when it is convenient to me.
I found that when I start my roon connection (the roon core runs all the time) sometimes it may take up to 20 minutes befiore i can actually start to listen to music.

Then, when I select a song, it STILL takes minutes, up to 15 minutes, before the thing starts to play.

This is simply unacceptable. When I’m waiting anything more than 30 seconds, i simply switch my system (computer, Cambridge Audio, whatever) to Tidal or another source.

I would expect the Roon system to “just be available for music playing”, especially when the core is running and getting regular reboots.

This is starting to feel like a good idea, executed horribly wrong.
I will not be extending my subscribtion unless this gets solved.

Gert

It’s also entirely not normal. If it was, nobody would be using Roon. Something must be wrong with your setup. I moved your post from Uncategorized to Support.

Because you posted in Uncategorized you did not see the question template that is shown for new posts in Support. Please fill out the details so that Roon support knows what system they are dealing with. You can copy it from here to a new reply:

Roon Core Machine

<!-- Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM) →
<!-- Write below this line →

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!-- Your network gear (model of routers/switches), if on WiFi/Ethernet, and if you are using a VPN–>

Connected Audio Devices

<!-- Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.) →

Number of Tracks in Library

<!–Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks” →
<!–Write below this line–>

Description of Issue

<!–Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated! →
<!–Write below this line–>

It doesn’t take that long for my system to work, I open the app on my device, click on an artist or album, choose an endpoint and press play; I then hear music.

Are you sure that you have set up Roon with your system correctly?

What changed since here?

1 Like

I was about to ask :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: Many Tracks in Library Unavailable, Roon Performing Slow

A post was merged into an existing topic: Many Tracks in Library Unavailable, Roon Performing Slow

Roon Core Machine

That is the interesting part… nothing (other than a few warm days outside)
I did howver not listen to roon for a few weeks>>>

I think so, I just posted the set up a bit lower in the thread. It’s running Rock on a NUC.

And just a small update, for the past few days, it runs again like a charm… average temperature is 20C…

My start up this morning:

It is not an exaggeration that the application is slow and something is seriously off in the database performance.

That is exactly what i see when it is in its “slow” mode.
It will sit there for 20 minutes or so, slowly building the start screen.

Hi @Gert_Taeymans,

The team is actively investigating an open ticket concerning the symptoms you’ve reported here:

Please see there for an update and respond on that thread if you have new technical information about your setup or new symptoms to report.

If your feedback concerns your perceptions of Roon’s service, please post in Feedback for our team to review.

1 Like