Roon stopped playing over Sonos

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac on Ethernet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

AirPort Extreme router with two Expresses for WiFi coverage.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

5 Sonos endpoints all on WiFi (Sonos Boost in use), two additional macs on WiFi, 2 Ropieees, one on WiFi, one on Ethernet.

Description Of Issue

Roon lost control of the audio device appears when I’m trying to play on any of the Sonos speakers. All other endpoints are fine. Also the Sonos speakers play fine with the Sonos app. This is a new development. Everything was working fine yesterday.

I got it working my turning the WiFi back on on my core iMac. Earlier today I switched it from WiFi to Ethernet to address some streaming issues and turned it’s WiFi off at that time. So now it’s connected to both WiFi and Ethernet. I’m not sure I understand why that is necessary but it’s working again.

Hello @Charles_Williamson, I’m glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.