Roon stopped playing suddenly

Hi,

I’m using a Melco N1Z and Core is on a seperate server. All was well until Roon stopped playing.
I can see the song progress line going back abd forth but no counter increase, nu little music bars, nothing. Strangely, the Roon ready Melco has little music bars.
Anyways, nothing after I’ve reinstalled Remote many times.
I have been having some loud screeching sounds every now and then to my surprise.
Short creech, then Roon would freeze up.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Bernard

Hi @Bernard_Aubin presumably you have rebooted & restarted Roon core ?

Also it would be worth changing the category of your post to “support” & providing the information requested here:-

@Bernard_Aubin, I re-categorized this to Support. To improve how Roon and the Community can assist you, can you please provide the following information:

ails New Post

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Core: System Status
Serial #0010F33E32EA

Operating System

Version 1.0 (build 254) production
96% of 114 GB available.

Roon Server Software

Version 2.0 (build 1259) production

All equipment cabled.
Using a Helix router, EtherRegen switch.
Same router and switch for years.

Server: This is new: Melco N1Z Roon Ready server, USB to Lampizator Baltic 4 dac.

Tracks: 40,499

LAst week, playing Qobuz through Roon, I suddenly heard high pitched screeching through seakers. 2 or 3 seconds for a few times. Roon froze up, buttons rozen. Shut down remote and rebooted Melco. Worked for a while then sporadically happened again.
Roon not working so I just rebooted Core.Seems to work now, waiting for screech.
5 hours later, no screech.
I should have rebooted Core before seeking help.
Thanks,
Until next time!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.