Roon stopped working (me too)

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini (2018), 32 GB RAM memory, 500 GB hard drive
Mac OS Big Sur 11.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon has worked for several years until yesterday. It starts up, but gets hung up on the opening screen with the circle with vertical lines on the right half. The lines move indicating it is trying to load, but Roon never loads.

I have 3 licenses and the other 2 work just fine, all are stand alone systems.

Me too, today in UK. Just doesn’t get past start up icon …

Macbook Pro M1 … BigSur 11.5.2 …

This has happened to me too … as of yesterday.
Macbook Pro M1 using an Auralic G1 into Chord MScaler and TT2.

Still no joy today ? Never had an issue before with Roon starting. Nothing has changed apart from Apple updating BigSur to 11.5.2

@JohnH,
I’ve merged your post into your existing support request. Support prefer separate requests - particularly if the setup is different (e.g. Roon on Windows versus Roon on MacOS) cross-posting in other people’s support topics often creates confusion as your issue may not be the same as the OPs so it best to have all your information and reports in one place.

Whilst waiting for Roon’s support team, can I ask you fill out the post template fully as that will aid them when diagnosing the issue.

1 Like

Sorry, yes, I get that. Now added as new thread which I assume is what you wanted :slight_smile:

HI, Not really, I was expecting you to add to this once or edit your first post to include them, but no matter as you now have another support topic with all the info in that I’ll close and unlisted this one.

I added this to your report for completeness …

I have 3 licenses and the other 2 work just fine, all are stand alone systems.