Roon Stopped Working on QNAP 451+ / OS 4.5.3.1670

Core Machine

QNAP 451+ / OS 4.5.3.1670 16G Memory
Roon v1.8 build 790

Network Details

Fails on both wired connection to my PC [Win 10] and wireless iPhone/ iPad [iOS 14.5]. Both run through a Netgear JGS524Ev2 unmanaged switch.

Audio Devices
Oppo 203 feeding a Pioneer SC-95

Library Size
About 20,000 tracks

Description of Issue
Abruptly this morning no device would connect to Roon Core. On my PC, I chose “Pick your core” and find that it shows my QNAP core as “initializing” with a red dot. I’ve restarted both Core and Remotes with no change.

Have you restarted the Qnap itself… Just a thought…

Twice, in fact. Still “initializing”…

Can you post a screenshot of the Roon Server app on the QNAP? This should look something like this example:

In fact, it looks almost exactly like that…

Maybe you can look into the log files for something suspicious while waiting for further support through @crieke or @support.

Curiously, clicking on that icon did nothing but produce a moving image of an ambulance - no zip file appeared. I was able to find a log file on the QNAP, but there wasn’t anything that I could act on evident. Appreciate you trying to help!

Hey @William_Coney,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your Roon Core… :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve moved your thread into our technical team’s queue, so they can take a closer look at what might be going on.

They’ll reach out as soon as possible :pray:

Many thanks!

Any suggestions yet? Still completely non-functional here….

…And suddenly today at 11:38 AM it started working again. No idea why - I had just started everything up as a prelude to trying the latest *.qpkg [not from the QNAP website] to see if that would fix it.

While it’s good that it works, it’s not confidence inspiring. Is there a log I can check to look for info?

Hi @William_Coney ,

Thanks for letting us know the issue is solved!

Yes, you can access your QNAP logs by using these instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.