Roon stops playing music, MacMini (Catalina) crashing regularly with Roon Core only app running

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini newest model (Catalina) latest build, music on external hard drive connected via USB to MacMini

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Happening on all my Ethernet devices: KEF LS50W and Naim Mu-So 2, as well as WiFi devices Chromecast, Chord Poly/Mojo, Bluesound Pulse Mini 2

Description Of Issue

Roon stops playing music after a song or three. MacMini (Catalina) crashing regularly with Roon Core only app running. Restarting Mac allows me to play a few songs again but then it freezes and MacMini crashes.

Update:

I think this is more of a Mac issue and or external hard drive issue than a Roon issue.

I’ve had better luck after using Finder to open the external hard drive music folder with avoiding any crashes. As long as the music folder is visible in the Finder everything seems be going fine now. I was having some other issues with my external hard drives randomly getting disconnected and now suspect this is the root cause of the problem.

Will update if there are any further issues, but so far so good

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.