Roon stops playing with PC laptop as Core

Hi. I have used my MacBook Pro as an Roon Core for almost 2 year now.
But now i tried to use my other computer as an livingroom music pc and installed the Roon Core at my ThinkPad T480s. But it plays for some time, then stops. I have opened the firewall settings so it should be fine, but not.
Any idea why this is not working propperly On Pc, but fine On Mac.

How are the Mac and PC connected to your network? Where is your music? What audio devices do you use now, and when it was working with the Mac?

Please complete the template in this post, and also move your post to Support, so it has greater visibility.

3 Likes

Roon Core Machine

ThinkPad T480s.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The MacBook Pro and also PC is on the same wifi.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi. I have used Roon on my MacBook Pro for almost 2 year now, I am very happy with Roon so far.

But now I tried to use my other computer as a livingroom music PC and installed the Roon Core at my ThinkPad T480s. It plays for some time, then stops. I have opened the firewall settings so it should be fine, but not.

My persona music is stored on a senate disk, but the issue is when I play streaming from Tidal and Qobuz. The PC are shutting down Roon, and I have to restart it.

I’m considering to reeinstall the Mac to be the Core, but it would be fine to have the PC as an media player instead.

Any idea why this is not working properly On PC, but fine On Mac? Any upgrade to be done?

Best Regards
Jan Magne

@Jan_Magne_Habakk If we had the exact performance data of the devices, the operating system version, main memory size, database size and much more, an answer would be easier. Now there is only the hint of a perhaps not perfect WLAN?

Good chance to be related to a power saving option.

2 Likes

Hey @Jan_Magne_Habakk,

It’s great to see you on the community again! I wanted to check in on this thread and see if you’re still running into playback issues?

Both @Martin_Webster and @Uwe_Albrecht are correct in that the more details you can include in your setup, the better the team will be able to help you figure out a solution. If you can, please edit your original post to include more specifics in your overall setup.

As @BlackJack also mentioned, make sure to check any auto-power saving settings that may interfere with running Roon.

To confirm, when transferring to your new core, you successfully unauthorized and signed out of your old roon account prior to switching cores? Also, can you confirm that your core is hardwired to your router?

If you’re still seeing an issue with audio dropouts, please take note of the specific timestamp when it happens and let me know. That way, our team can take a closer look into your account at the time of the dropout.

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.