Roon stops reading music after a couple of seconds on MacBook Pro

Roon Core Machine

Mac OS latest version on a MacBook Pro from 2019

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router Linksys WIFI connection (very good connection, no issue except for Roon)

Connected Audio Devices

Connected devices : Lyngdorf amplifier

Number of Tracks in Library

No music library, listening from Qobuz

Description of Issue

When I select a track to read from Qobuz, It starts playing music and then stops after 20-50s, might go to the next track, in some cases starts again. Impossible to concentrate on music.
I am not a geek or an IT person. Many of the articles that I have read are like Chinese to me. I just want to listen to Qobuz via Roon.

Hey there @Herve_Le_Guennec, welcome from a fellow user!

Don’t know how to put it nicely, but no matter how good you think your wireless connection may be, you are asking for trouble and Roon just doesn’t recommend going down that road, see Networking best practices.

How’s your Lyngdorf connected?
Maybe also show us screenshots from Roon - Settings - Audio.
Do you get any error message pop ups?

What does your processing speed indication say?
Here’s an example pic from Roon’s helpcenter

Indeed, Roon is a huge energy consumer, on the PC, but also on the wifi line. I had connection problems, and unpleasant little digital clicks, and blackouts. It’s the wifi network that is overloaded and can’t power everything connected, even if you have fibre. The floors, walls and ceiling are an obstacle, especially if it’s concrete. The solution is to buy a latest generation router (Mesh wifi 6 in France) to supply the house correctly. Personally, I changed to the new standard and I no longer have any problems. I hope this helps.

Hey @Herve_Le_Guennec,

Welcome to the community! We’re happy to have you here, and look forward to helping you. Did you run through @Marin_Weigel’s tips? What’s the status of your audio playback?

I would definitely start by at least testing what a direct ethernet connection to your router from your core device may look like. I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.