Roon stops when track not available [Resolved]

In 1.3 (223), I am encountering a problem that was resolved in previous versions. When playing a tag that has tracks that are unavailable, Roon stops instead of skipping to the next track. Any idea how to fix this @support? I’m running Roon on Windows 10 into HQPlayer and then through a microrendu into either an Yggy or a Gumby. The problem occurs in both systems. If I hit the skip to the next track button, play resumes.Thanks,

Cass

Hi @cass_fisher ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The feedback is appreciated.

Moving forward, can you please provide me some further insight into what you mean by tracks that are “unavailable”?

-Eric

Eric, Roon allows you to add albums that are not currently accessible. The album “Alloy” by Tyshawn Sorey is an example. When Roon randomly selects a track from an album that is unavailable, it stops. Thanks for your help.

Cass

Hi @cass_fisher ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested information, very appreciated!

My assumption is that “Alloy” by Tyshawn Sorey is an album from TIDAL, but please confirm.

-Eric

Yes, sorry. I left that vital piece of information out. When a tag includes a track that is unavailable in Tidal, Roon stops playing. It used to just skip over unavailable tracks.

1 Like

Hi @cass_fisher ----- Thank you for the follow up and verifying that information for me.

Moving forward, can you give us some insight (procedurally speaking) as to how you are getting an unavailable track into your queue? We ran some quick tests yesterday and are unable to trigger the same response that you’re reporting.

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

Eric, thanks for sticking with this. I have added a large number of Tidal albums to Roon. A handful of those albums are listed in Tidal but are not currently available for listening. The Tyshawn Sorey album “Alloy” is one of many examples. I have organized all of my albums according to tags. When I play the tag “free jazz,” which includes the Sorey album (and many other unavailable albums), when Roon comes to an unavailable track, Roon stops. I experienced this briefly before but it was fixed with an update. Thanks,

Cass

Hi @cass_fisher ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback.

We took another look into this today and performed some further testing and are still unable to trigger the same results :head_bandage: Moving forward, this is what I would like to ask you for:

1. A link to the Tyshawn Sorey album “Alloy” in TIDAL.

2. Please briefly layout the step by step process you go through when adding content to you library, tagging the content, and then trying to play it back.

-Eric

Eric, below are some links to a few of the “unavailable” albums in my collection. How I add content and tag: I look for albums on Tidal through Roon. I add it to my library. I then tag albums (sometimes collectively, sometimes individually according to my genre based tags). I play the content back via Tags by going to Tags, selecting the Tag I want and pressing “Play Tag” and then pressing “Play Now.” In searching for the links for “unavailable” albums, it seems to me that Tidal has perhaps cleaned up their collection. The four albums that were previously listed on Tidal (through Roon) are not shown in the Tidal webpage. The albums are:

AMM III, It had been an ordinary enough day in Pueblo, Colorado today
Henry Threadgill and Zoois, Tomorrow Sunny/ The Revelry, Spp
Codona, Codona
Cecil Taylor, Bill Dixon, and Tony Oxley

Maybe, I just need to delete all the unavailable albums? Finding all of them will be a bitch.

There is a wrinkle. Last night I was listening to some new speaker cables and so I was playing a track and putting a second track in “Add Next.” On a couple of occasions, the the next track would not play until I hit the forward button. Really not sure what is going on with this. Thanks for the help.

Cass

Eric (@support), any suggestions? Would a re-installation help?

Hey @cass_fisher – thanks for the additional info and sorry for the slow response here.

We’re going to have QA try and reproduce this using the additional info you’ve provided, so stand by. We’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Another issue, now a tag I am playing stops after nearly every track. Not sure what the problem is. Roon had been working perfectly for most of the last year (so much so that I bought the lifetime license). Let me know, @support, when you have something for me to try to fix these various problems.

Cass

Hi @cass_fisher ---- Thank you for touching base with us.

Just to give you an update on where we stand, as @mike mentioned in his post, this report is currently with our QA department who are trying to make this behavior reproducible. As soon as my report is updated and passed back from QA, I will be sure to follow up with you ASAP.

We’ve greatly appreciated your continued feedback and more importantly your patience, while we’ve been investigating this issue.

-Eric

Hey @cass_fisher - -would it be possible for you to dump us some logs, as described here?

We’re having trouble reproducing this, and I’d like to have a closer look. Thanks!

1 Like

Mike, here is a dropbox link to the log. Let me know if you can’t access it or if it didn’t zip right. Thanks for the help.

Cass

Hi @cass_fisher ----- Thank you for the follow up!

Confirming that the logs have been received and are in out queue to be evaluated. Once I have some feedback, I will be sure to update this thread asap with our thoughts/findings. Your patience is appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @cass_fisher ---- Thank you for your patience here, while we’ve been looking into this issue for you.

Moving forward, our techs have identified playback issues when you are using Roon + HQPlayer, based on their analysis of the provided logs. If you were to (temporarily of course) bypass HQPLayer are you still able to reproduce this behavior?

-Eric

Eric, thanks for the follow up. I will cut HQPlayer out of the chain and see what happens. Be back in touch soon.

Cass

Eric, after several days of listening, I think you are right that the problem was HQPlayer related. Sorry to waste your time. I really appreciate the help. I will let you know if the problem surfaces again. Thanks for sticking with this.

Cass

1 Like