TP Link 24 port Gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

StormAudio ISP 16 Elite -
NAD C388 - wifi
Bluesound Node 2i - ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

13,022 Tracks + Qobuz

Description of Issue

For some reason The link between Roon and the StormAudio processor is locked to 48khz
It upsamples 44.1khz to 48khz and downsamples 192 and 96khz content to 48khz
In Roon Core settings I can’t change any setting relating to sample rates.

My NAD and Bluesound play lossless without issue

Thanks

dsp
node 176

I’d contact the manufacturer as it looks like roon is seeing it correctly as it’s even got the preset in the signal path.

Your Storm internally processes at 48k that’s why. My Trinnov SSP will internally process up to 96k! Not sure but check with Storm in case they have a new model or upgrade to internally process higher but I doubt it!

Hi Steve,
I was aware that the Storm processes at 48k, but have no trouble receiving 96k and 192k through any other input.
Thanks for your help

Yes other digital inputs will receive up to 192kb(96k for toslink)
But they then u/nsamplevto process at 48k. ROON has been configured with Storm to do this as well Blu with ROON doing the up/down sampling and showing this is what’s been done!

Thanks Steve
You certainly sound like you know what you are talking about.
I guess the Storm would be doing this conversion internally anyway.

It is probably Dirac causing it. Try turning Dirac off and see if that stops the resampling.

Hey @Greg_Roach,

Thanks a whole lot for posting about this and engaging on our community to see exactly why this is happening.

I know it’s a little late (so sorry about the delay!), but I have checked with our team and it looks like Storm Audio does all processing at 48kHz.

Sorry about that… :pensive:

Thanks for the update Rebeka

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.