Roon stuck in loading screen

Hi,

My roon stopped working recently. I think after a windows update. Roon has been unable to open after displaying the quotation and then showing the Roon semi-circle logo indefinitely in the center of the screen. I’ve tried rebooting, opening and closing the program… I have no other issues with my PC. There are no error messages…I just can’t get past the animated Roon logo. I have

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 (build 710)
Windows 10 Home version: 20H2 OS build: 19042.746
|—|---|
|Processor|Intel® Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
Recent Update:
Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2
Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: October 13, 2020 KB4580325
January 12, 2021-KB4586876 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB --> Audiobyte Hydra Z --> Holo Spring 2

Description Of Issue

Roon has been unable to open after displaying the quotation and then showing the Roon semi-circle logo indefinitely in the center of the screen. I’ve tried rebooting, opening and closing the program… I have no other issues with my PC. There are no error messages…I just can’t get past the animated Roon logo.

1 Like

Try reinstalling your graphics driver from the manufacturer site… it looks like the Windows update caused trouble

Now I think it is very likely a driver problem, as I remember that I updated the driver with it as well. However, I have tried reinstalling the graphic card driver and it doesn’t solve the problem.

Hello @Steven_Xu, do you have any overlay software like MSI Afterburner running on this device?

No, I don’t think so, not this particular one at least. I just have the regular Nvidia Geforce software. And I didn’t install any graphics card software recently.

Hello @Steven_Xu, next time the machine crashes, could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I also wanted to confirm that when you reinstalled your GPU drivers you used the manufacturer’s site and not windows recommendations, right?

Hi,

It never actually crashes it seems, so there are no logs. It’s only stuck in the loading screen forever with nothing showing up. The graphics card driver software is the same I’ve been using for quite a long time and it is also a standard software for Nvidia graphics card user. It is called Nvidia GeForce Experience.

I also just used the Intel Driver & Assistant app provided by Intel to update other drivers as well but it seems no avail.

I was able to find the log files and here is the dropbox share link. Let me know if there is any problem.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Anyone can help with the problem? Thanks a lot!

Best,

For the record, although I haven’t figured out why, I solved the problem after completely uninstalling roon on my core pc with settings and library files deleted and then reinstalled the new 1.8 version (which I hesitated to do because I don’t want to lose the settings and library files). Although it still takes much longer than before to load, it is able to load now in the end.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.