Roon Stuck on importing to Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I7 Windows Server 2016 running in a headless setup - Roon 1.8 Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Core connected via USB

Description Of Issue

I am attempting to add files to the library via Roon interface on an iMac. I successfully added an album the other day but since then whenever I try to add an album, the transfer gets stuck with the endless spinning wheel.

I did read that I should look for corrupt files in the Roon music folder however, since this is operating as a headless music server, there is no way to access the folder to see all the files other than through Roon. Roon just shows the music files already discovered in the library…

I have rebooted all devices a few times over the past couple of days and Roon simply will not add music to the library. Does anybody have a clue what could be causing this?

1 Like

Just to clarify, have you looked at the Skipped files page?

Settings>Library>Skipped files

And nothing is showing up?

There are skipped files showing up but there is no way to delete them through Roon.

Specifically, are the skipped files part of the albums you have attempted to add, but fail (resulting in the endless spinning wheel)?

I get that you can’t delete the skipped files from your headless server within Roon (and I’m assuming you are adding your album folders via drag & drop), but can you remove the album folders that include skipped files by accessing Roon’s network share on your server via smb?

I’m not suggesting that removing the album folders with skipped files would resolve your issue, but it might help eliminate other causes of slowdowns/looping during import. Something to do until Roon support respond to your post.

It might also be worth testing if Roon will sucessfully import music from a USB device (assuming your server has USB).

Thank you for your reply. I cannot access Roon’s network share via SMB which is preventing me doing any file maintenance. The installation was done by someone else and it might have been disabled.

I think I should now focus on trying to get the SMB share working . Is there any easy way of enabling this?

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Networking really isn’t my thing, but have you tried logging in via Guest, as described here:

As you have sucessfully added albums in the past and assuming Roon uses smb to transfer music to your server(?), it shouldn’t be disabled.

Sorry, other than the above I can’t really suggest other options, but if guest access doesn’t work, I think that might help pinpoint the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

It seems that the person who helped with the installation didn’t enable SMB . I can see the Windows computer on the network but it is password protected. I think I know what needs to be done now.

thanks again

1 Like

That sounds hopeful, let us know if it works.

Hey @TP1,

I’m sorry we’re joining the conversation this late. We cannot thank our subscribers enough for helping in the meantime! :pray:

Could you please let us know how things have turned out? Can we help with anything at all?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.