Roon suddenly can't find music on network share

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on Intel NUC. Roon app on Windows 11 PC. All latest versions (Build 1021)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired using Unifi switches and Synology 920+ NAS

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian 210 and 218 (all wired) plus various PCs and phones.

Number of Tracks in Library

Not sure as I can’t access it any longer! Probably 20-25k.

Description of Issue

I have just come back from 10 days’ holiday to find:

Clicking on “Your files” takes me to this:

If I go onto the NAS via Windows Explorer I have no difficulty connecting:

I have just successfully connected to another network share on the same drive so thought I’d try deleting the \Public share in Roon and reinstall it. Sadly there seems to be no way of doing this, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the Roon app.

Do I need to wipe my PC and reinstall Windows? I’m not sure how this would help as I get the same issues on my iPhone.

I have restarted the NUC, the PC and the NAS, all to no avail. I’m not aware that the NAS has undergone any updates while I’ve been away.

No need to uninstall and reinstall the Roon app.

Just go to Settings > Storage in Roon, click the “3 dots” menu by your \\Public.… share and Remove it.

Then click “Add Folder” to add it anew.

Certainly don’t need to wipe your PC and reinstall Windows…

1 Like

The PC is just a client and is only showing you things from the Rock servers point of view. So doing anything on the PC, like reinstalling is not going to solve the issue as it is the Rock NUC that cannot see the NAS.

Have you rebooted the Nuc? If. It I would do that first.

Right - that worked! My library is currently being rebuilt. Presumably I’ll lose history etc? A bit of a pain, but I can live with that.

Any idea why it happened in the first place. The IP address on the network doesn’t seem to have changed.

Thanks!

Yup - rebooted everything.

Had to delete the link in Roon and set it up afresh.

If you didn’t reset your library on the Core machine and your storage directories haven’t change then everything should be as before.

BTW - If you need to show screen shots in the future, save yourself some work and don’t bother to cross out your network addresses. Everyone gets the same set of addresses on their home network. Yours were either 192.168.0.xx or 192.168.1.xx, right? It isn’t like publishing your SSN. Just saying……

Here’s some of mine -

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.