Windows 10, i7-4790K, 16GB RAM
All Ethernet, except for cell phone and Chromecast Audio on wifi
Chromecast Audio and PC
I was playing music from Tidal almost the whole day, then suddenly one track ends and the next doesn’t start. That was to Chromecast Audio controlled via Android app on a cell phone but that’s irrelevant, see below. I tried other tracks, albums, artists. Nothing played. It starts but no audio and no progress bar. Then even the play button stopped changing to pause button.
I opened Roon on a wired PC, tried playing something but the same - nothing would play from Tidal. I looked at the logs. When it was playing normally I saw the following:
07/03 23:07:04 Trace: [ChromecastAudio1] [Lossless, 16/44 TIDAL FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 0:00/3:47] xxx - yyy 07/03 23:07:04 Debug: [easyhttp]  GET to http://sp-pr-cf.audio.tidal.com/mediatracks/...very_long_line_of_characters returned after 198 ms, status code: 200 07/03 23:07:04 Debug: FTMSI-B got length for ti/5154396C; 8.4 MBytes 07/03 23:07:04 Debug: FTMSI-B ti/5154396C download status: FileLengthRetrieved accessTimeout:False openFiles:1 prev:(DownloadNotStarted,False,1) 07/03 23:07:04 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE set min bandwidth for ti/5154396C to 1005 kbps 07/03 23:07:04 Info: FTMSI-B-OE ti/5154396C rid:1 response took 199ms 07/03 23:07:04 Debug: FTMSI-B ti/5154396C download status: FirstBlockRetrieved accessTimeout:False openFiles:1 prev:(FileLengthRetrieved,False,1) 07/03 23:07:04 Info: [ChromecastAudio1] [zoneplayer] Open result (Queueing): Result[Status=Success] 07/03 23:07:05 Debug: FTMSI-B ti/5154396C download status: FirstBlockRetrieved accessTimeout:True openFiles:1 prev:(FirstBlockRetrieved,False,1)
When it stopped playing I saw the following:
07/03 23:12:18 Debug: [easyhttp]  GET to http://sp-pr-cf.audio.tidal.com/mediatracks/...very_long_line_of_characters canceled after 5017 ms 07/03 23:12:18 Debug: FTMSI-B ti/0EBEC887 download status: DownloadNotStarted accessTimeout:True openFiles:1 prev:(DownloadNotStarted,False,1) 07/03 23:12:18 Info: FTMSI-B ti/0EBEC887: allocated bw changed from 51200 to 0 kbps 07/03 23:12:18 Info: FTMSI-B ti/F5563DEE: allocated bw changed from 0 to 51200 kbps 07/03 23:12:18 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE ti/F5563DEE rid:17 interrupt requested; reason: should remove 07/03 23:12:18 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE ti/0EBEC887 rid:1 request ended -- first block: 0 blocks read: 0 download speed: -256kbps response time: -1ms 07/03 23:12:18 Info: FTMSI-B 1 FileCache ti/43B4B624 dwStatus:FirstBlockRetrieved files:0 accessTimeOut:True priorities: ('zoneplayer:7':1) --> bw limit:0kbps
I didn’t know what to do. I stopped and started the Roon server and everything is back to normal. I didn’t do anything else.
But what happened is not normal I believe. I hope you can take this report into account when coding the next version.