Roon Support changes are on the way

Greetings Roon Community,

First, we want to acknowledge your comments regarding Roon Support and assure you we’re taking your feedback to heart. We’re well aware of our support team’s struggles as our product offering and customer base have grown over the years, and we apologize for the frustration it’s caused. Now that we’re part of the HARMAN family, we are in a much better position to make meaningful changes to the support process. We want to share changes that are on the way with you in greater detail.

As mentioned in the recent message from Roon leadership, we’re embarking on a renewed mission to focus on the total Roon user experience to ensure our customers receive the best product care and support we can provide. With that, we’ve expanded our support resources and launched a new project to improve the support experience for our entire user base.

Over the coming months, we will closely monitor the success of these initiatives and implement additional changes to continuously improve processes - so all our users have a positive and rewarding experience when they need help with a Roon product. Today, we’re taking the first step, which involves changing how Roon users get help with our products.

If you require assistance, simply click the “Get Help” button at the top of the Support category here on Community. From there, a triage system will guide you through a few basic questions and, if required, convert the information you’ve submitted into a post here on Community on your behalf.

While this may seem like a minor change, we’d like to emphasize that it lays in place the essential building blocks necessary to make the entire support process more efficient, intuitive, and user-friendly.

Roon is excited to start down a fresh path that will allow us to help our customers more effectively. We kindly request your patience as we make these adjustments, and thank you for providing the feedback that helped affect these changes. Be on the lookout for more enhancements and improvements in the coming weeks!

As always, thank you for reading and your continued support.

56 Likes

Providing some structure to the Support posts sounds like a good start.

3 Likes

It’s just appeared for me. Maybe you need to refresh the browser?

I also agree that some structure is needed. Hopefully, it will elliminate posts with none of the requested information or, nearly as bad, posts with minimal details which are obviously just put in to ‘complete the template’.

e.g.:

Network Details: Wifi

And, maybe, prevent direct new topic posts to the support category and subcategories!

Although I must admit that that may be a bit too draconian.

1 Like

This is good news. The first time I opened a support request years ago I got a response almost immediately. Then times changed as the product and user base expanded and I assumed the support staff was overwhelmed.

Happy to hear steps are being taken to improve the user experience.

3 Likes

This is good news.

There are plenty of 3rd party support desks available. With Harman, you could add a Live Chat feature, and advertise jobs for people who wish to help. There are so many options to choose from now, and recruiting from within the community might be a good way to go about it.

2 Likes

Great news, another move in the right direction.

3 Likes

Please don’t outsource the support function.

8 Likes

If we currently have a support request in place should we start again?

Thx m

Well done.

Good news, maybe now I can ARC ago work.

Oh wow. That web form. Please tell me this is temporary.

Please do.

Good to hear. But you guys need to now start acting like an established company with a suitable support system, and staffing. Stop this whole support forum thing from the dark ages of the internet, this will be (and clearly has been) unmanageable, and move to a ticketing system and rethink your entire software development cycle and how you can start matching that to your support cycle (bugs and fixes vs feature request). Time to also consider premium support vs standard, some users would be willing to pay more for priority support. This entire forum is just noise, eliminate it and you’ll be in a better place to serve your customers. My 2 cents.

12 Likes

As an individual who completely lacks any proper technical or software training and knowledge i agree that this is a step in the right direction but i too would like to see an end to the forum and a more direct approach to a company with which i can appropriately get in contact with. Despite being technically inept my systems use multiple forms of software, equipment technology etc. to operate. My own preference is to get in touch best possible with a technically trained individual who also knows the hi end audio world when i have issues. The last time i had a glitch, i was down for several months despite still paying my monthly fee. I received no rebate or pause in my service funds despite the fact that ROON was non-operational in MY system. I spent many hours on various forums looking for any other users who were having similar issues all to no avail.
I switched over to Innuos Sense and almost abandoned ROON till an update finally came through which corrected my own issues.

Am i happy you guys got the bugs out, yes. I’m not happy that i was paying for services that i was unable to enjoy for months, that i also spent countless hours trying to technically troubleshoot issues i’m in NO way qualified to touch and that it was simply dumb luck in the end that a particular update corrected multiple issues that had been plaquing me and others for months.

Looking forward to the changes, hopefully you keep growing for the better as a company. :+1:

6 Likes

A great start. Please consider adding a notifications symbol at the top of the Roon page. That could be used to alert folks to a planned update, outage problems, new features, etc.

Very good, keep it up!

1 Like