Roon takes almost 10 minutes to start

I see… so this is not an option for me.

I think you can have them both on a machine (just not running in the same time) So when you edit things you can use Roon and rest of the time use Roon Server (control play and browse from a phone). I’m not sure, other users will know better so wait for others to respond. But if that would speed things up it would worth a try.

Yes this works

1 Like

I’m not saying you should do this, I’m using it as an example to explain what the Server does at launch. But it could be something that will work for you for other reasons.

I’m not sure it’ll help your slow server startup.

I separate my server/storage locations that way as another way to utilize the Focus area by focusing on specific storage locations.

1 Like

Check out this thread , also involving multiple Ext USB Drives and slow performance

Anybody know if USB is the problem

Have you tried Disabling all but one Internal drive temporarily and see how that affects start up time, certainly on ROCK , Roon scans external USB drives at startup , if these are big and or multiple it will slow things down

USB is slow !!

3 Likes

Yes. Without any doubt, use RoonServer. RoonServer works on Linux, Mac, and Windows.

@Luis_Clemente For clarity (I hope :thinking: :crossed_fingers:) , both programs are on the same machine, At the same time, and you use them together.

Once installed, RoonServer will run in the background as a service. There will be an icon in the task bar. That is the core only, no interface.

To configure and interact with RoonServer use the Roon app (just as you would use a remote app). Roon app connects to RoonServer.

Remotes, (iOS, android, & other computers with Roon) when on the same network should see and be able to connect to the RoonServer.

Oh…Clear. So you fire up the room server app and than Roon and select the server core (doesn’t look to clear when put in to words :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

Well, with RoonServer set to launch at startup that step really isn’t required.

You just start the computer.

1 Like

…and log in. It’s the act of logging in to Windows that starts Roon Server, not just switching on the computer.

1 Like

… also, many times when i try to do a search or change music the app crashes.

I tried to boot whitout any storage location activated. Roon taked 8 minutes to start… I dont have any other problem with software to run in my computer (i.e. photoshop pro, adobe pro, cyberlink video editor pro… all heavy programs… and even all running at the same time!!!)…

Hey @Luis_Clemente,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread! Following up here, I think a good thing to note with disabling a storage location is, you’ll still need to perform a library cleanup for the effects to apply to your library.

Outside of this, with the specs of your core device and size of your library, the longer startup time doesn’t sound completely out of the question and one may expect a struggle.

Not ideal, but one solution here would be to set up another core device that could stay online more often, like a ROCK.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.