Monitor : Monitor PnP Genérico
Adaptador de vídeo : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Adaptador de rede : Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Tipo de interface : Ethernet
Nome da conexão : Ethernet
Velocidade da conexão : 1000 MB
MTU : 1500 B

Everytime i start Roon, no matter how many storage locations i had, Roon takes almost 10 minutes to start. I have no issues with any other program to run in my system …

Connected Audio Devices

USB IDSD Pro Signature

Number of Tracks in Library

30,000+ tracks

Description of Issue

Everytime i start Roon, no matter how many storage locations i had, Roon takes almost 10 minutes to start. I have no issues with any other program to run in my system …

How many tracks in your library?
Edit: You just added them :slight_smile: Not excessive

without my classical music library “on” Roon, i have 30.000+ tracks.
With my classical music library… its around 300.000+ tracks

And still 10 minutes with 30,000? This seems too long, I don’t know what is wrong with that

Yes… i wonder if i can get any support help from Roon

You will, but not on a Sunday :slight_smile: and you will need some patience. Maybe another user has an idea

Is this a new install or been running for some time and only just started exhibiting this behaviour? Is the OS running on an SSD or spinning HDD?

And is this just to startup Roon and then once started, search and playback operates quickly and smoothly? JCR

Happens more recently… i already tried a fresh install… no difference.
OS runs in an SSD

Its only at the start up… playback and operations are not fast fast… but bareable!

You might be able to see what its doing on in that 10 min

What does this mean? You don’t have them in your Roon Library?

Where are your tracks stored , NAS, Internal HDD , SSD or External USB etc

If External Roon may be scanning the USB Drive

I think he has them on a separate location and can turn it off or on. '(“no matter how many storage locations i had”)

Hello. I’m a professional musician (orchestra conductor) so I have a huge library, special for classical music. I have my music library organized in several HDD (I.e. 1 drive for classical music; 1 drive for jazz; 1 drive for world music; etc…). Normally I have 5 HDD (around 40 tb) connected to Roon (some are internal drives other are external drives).

A 4790 i7 is 4th gen so barely faster in single threads than an 8th gen i3 so with that size library I would expect it to struggle.

1 Like

Do you shut the server completely down or just quit the client app? This could be the problem. If you leave the computer on a lot I’d just install RoonServer and let it run, so when the computer is on, RoonServer is running in the background.

On initial launch of Roon (Server, not a remote or client accessing the server that is already running…), the server will scan all storage locations for changes. It is not as involved as the waveform audio analysis but it does scan all the storage locations. This scan can/could be Slow depending on several factors:

• slow drives
  • Shared network volumes
  • Number of tracks per storage location and/or the number of storage locations. (I say this because it attempts to scan all the locations at the same time.)
  • Other computer background processes (unlikely the problem)
  • etc…

So does it happen every time you launch the roon app?

Have you tried/are you using RoonServer?

I have one large 8 disk zfs mirror pool and my audio files live there. I have them sorted in various main folders. I do not just add the root level directory, I add the all the different sorted folders separately to the server. At server launch, those 8 drives make one hell of a racket as the server scans the 25 different storage locations, hundreds of folders in each (at the same time). Even though they reside on the same volume they are separate locations to Roon.

My point here is with several slower usb drives or depending on the network setup, things could start to slow as there’s going to be a lot of activity, all at the same time, at first launch of your server.

1 Like

Nice suggestions here, but this came up just a few days ago. They don’t want you to power it down!

1 Like

This is a very nice sugestion, regarding add folders and not entire drives. I will try thayty.
Regarding RoonServer… i didnt try it. My Roon Core is on my Windows computer… so you suggest to use instead Roon Server?

1 Like

I’m on a Mac, but Roon Server does work a lot better in my machine than Roon. But you can only do that if you are not using your computer to control Roon. Roon Server does not have a visual interface so you will need to control roon from other comps/mobiles