6Core intel i7
32GB 2667 MHZ DDR4
Mac OS Ventura 13.1
Roon Version 2.0 (Build 1182)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I just wanted to thank the technician who is working to resolve the issue with my new computer and Roon. I really appreciate your help.

Recently I purchased a newer Mac Mini. When I attempted to add my Roon account on to the new Mac everything went sideways and I lost my files. I contacted Roon support and they were able to recover most of my music for which I am eternally grateful.

However, on my attached USB there are several files that are empty. My question is can I drag and drop files from another attached USB into the empty folder?

Thank you and your staff again for having saved my music.

2 Likes

Hi Carl, Thank you so much for restoring my files. I really appreciate it. Now I find that when ripping CDs to my external ssd the file is also saved to my Mac HD and sometimes does not save on my external ssd. How do I direct the ripped cd files to only my SSD ?
Thanks again,
Preston

Hi @Preston_Burke this was not me (@Carl), was this Carl someone from Roon?

I’ve messaged Roon as well to ask if they know who help you.

I only know that the message I received was that he had been working to restore my music files
After a mishap. The files were restored and I had another issue and am waiting on that resolution.

Where did that message come from (this forum, email, voice mail, something else)?

If the forum, click on your icon (top right) and then select the envelope icon. You can then open the message and see who sent it.

If email, open it and check for an email address.

If voice mail, that’s a bit trick unless your phone system records the incoming number.

I hope you are able to ID this person, by one of these methods.
In meantime I know that Roon themselves are also attempting to find out what happened here.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please reset, so that Roon sees all my music

I contacted Apple and within 5 minutes the issue was solved. All that is needed is to move the Music app to my attached ssd. Now when I save music it goes straight to my outboard ssd and does not take up space on my computer. You might find this a better option.
Regards
Preston

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.