Roon>Tidal connection broke

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC8i5BEH
ROCK v1 Build 227
Roon 1.7 (Build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Atoll 300 Stereo via USB.

Description Of Issue
@support
I received notification that Tidal was not connecting.
Then, I had a power outage that may have impacted my Ethernet port. Now am using Ethernet dongle directly into USB port.

I tried to reconnect to Tidal via Settings>Services and received

You’ve successfully connected your TIDAL account.

When I am returned to Roon Settings>Services I see the message

Not configured

for Tidal.I am able to successfully use Tidal via their web site.

In effort to remedy the situation I have Reinstalled the OS. Restarted the Server Software and restarted the NUC multiple times.

I have a successful connection to my router and have tried multiple DNS server settings (1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, etc). Roon plays without hesitation or hitch.

I think I have tried everything I have learned and read about.

Hello @ronald_estell,

I would start troubleshooting this by temporarily changing your Roon Core to a PC or Mac in your household to and checking to see if you’re able to login to Tidal.

• Open Roon on the PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the PC

-John

@support
Ok, did it. Tidal will connect using the pc as Core.

How to proceed on NUC?

Found my subnet mask was corrupt. Problem solved!

1 Like

Hi @ronald_estell,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to locate and resolve the issue, happy listening! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.