Roon/TIDAL connection seriously messing with my Library!

Hey Jeff,

First, I’d like to give you a little background here.

So, when content is in your Roon library, that means it’s “starred” on TIDAL. There are two ways TIDAL content can get into your Roon library – you can star the track, or you can star the album. Both result in tracks being added to your Roon library, but on the TIDAL side you might have tracks, or albums, or both that are starred.

The behavior can get a bit confusing if, for example, you add an album to your library, but then you delete a single track in Roon – when you delete something in Roon we remove the star, but if the star was at the album level, we can’t actually just delete some of the music – the star you’ve told us to remove is at the album level, so that’s what will be removed.

I’m not sure how closely that behavior relates to what you’re describing here, but it’s good background for how you’re using Roon and TIDAL.

As for the issues you’re describing, I can tell you this is not something we’ve heard about before, and clearly something has gone very wrong here. I’m not yet 100% confident there’s a bug here, but it’s definitely possible you’ve found something that’s broken here, perhaps because most Roon users are adding albums and from what I can tell you’re mixing albums and tracks more than most.

I think the next step here is to separate what’s going on in your Roon database from what’s going with your TIDAL library. There may be problems in both, but it will be easier for us to understand what’s going on here if we separate the two.

First things I’d like you to do is find the Roon database on your Core machine (instructions here), and rename the folder Roon_old. Then, reinstall Roon, leave your local files aside for now, and just login to TIDAL.

Let us know how things work out – if things look sane with a fresh database we will know a lot more here Jeff, so thanks in advance for your patience.