Roon-Tidal connectivity problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iBook Mac Air with Mac OS 10.15.6
Roon 1.7 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected wirelessly to:
Gold Note DS 10
BlueNote Mini
BlueNote Pulse Flex 2i

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Wireless connection to all of the above

Description Of Issue

Roon works perfectly on all devices until I get to playing music from Tidal, at which time I get the message “Tidal is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem” This occurs on all devices. It does not occur when playing from my own music files through Roon.

Do you have the latest firmware installed in your BlueSound devices? There was a recent update (BluOs 3.10.0) that resolved a lot of people’s connection issues.

What Router are you using? If your core machine is using wireless to the router that could be the source of your problem. Try an Ethernet connection from core to router if possible.

I am using the latest version of the Blusound so I don’t think that is the problem. Also, I have the same issue when playing through my Gold Note streaming device. Also, the problem only occurs when playing Tidal. Locally stored files play perfectly.

I’m using an Orbi Router, which has worked fine with Roon since I installed it more than a year ago. Also, the problem only occurs when playing Tidal, not with locally stored files.

For some reason the problem seems to have resolved itself. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

I started out all wireless and it worked most of the time. But the issues you mentioned did occur on occasions. After wiring the connection between the core and router it hasn’t happened. Since then I’ve added Ethernet to the endpoints as well. Not a single drop or skip that I can recall.

Thanks Mike. My setup makes wiring nearly impossible, and my in home wireless is quite good. I don’t what happened this time but I’m happy to have my music back.

Hi @Nick_Winslow,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved!
If this behavior re-occurs, just let us know and we can take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.