Roon- Tidal not functioning on build 880/882 [resolved: http cache issue]

Danny Our secondary DNS is 1.1.1.1

Ah! My misunderstanding apologies

Danny, we have changed DNS to 1.1.1.1 - unfortunately made no difference
Zen itself is on IP 10.0.0.148 fixed.

NB I observe my Tidal account is now designated Hi Fi Plus @£19.99/month
Thanks
Huw

Huw, can you try a database backup? I want to make sure you don’t have some type of corruption. Build 880 checks for corruption before doing a backup, so it’s a great way to check it.

Ok will try this

Danny, Back up completed without problems
I can also clear the Roon Data base on the Zen Mini. I have sometimes had to do that in the past to clear problems . It’s laborious - have to reconfigurations everything, but I can do so if you wish.
Let me know please
Huw

correction " reconfigure everything"

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The solution to DB corruption

Is it possible for you to destroy the Cache directory in the Roon database?

no idea - how is this done please?

Not getting anywhere so I am now going to clear Roon Database on Zen Mini and reinstall

Just as i suspected … after I have cleared the Roon Database on the Zen , i could immediately access Tidal again. It reloaded the cached files - the very same 7497 files i referred to earlier.
I now have to rebuild the full library and configure - it takes a while
The downside of this process is that original date added/import date becomes obsolete because the entire library has been loaded on the given day -in this case today.
I use date added as a search tool so its irritating that it can’t be used
Regards Huw

If you want to go back to the existing database, all you have to do is delete the Cache folder inside.

If you are on any server other than the Innuos, I could help you do that, but that’s a box we can’t support because we have zero experience with it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.