Roon- Tidal not functioning on build 880/882 [resolved: http cache issue]

Since 1.8 build 880 I cannot access Tidal via Roon , which is my normal usage. The 882 revision did not change this
Roon Settings under services now always shows Tidal not logged in . After re- logging in normally ( with valid confirmation) to Tidal when reverting to Roon Tidal immediately Tidal is shown as not connected again. I have tried this every times to no avail. Makes no difference if config is done on Mac or IOS device
I have no problem connecting to Tidal if Roon is not in the loop- so its definitely Roon related
Please advise

Have I miss understood, are you logging in on the Tidal app?
Should you not log in on the Roon app?
Apologies if I have this wrong

Chris, I am logging in on the services setting in Roon for Tidal log-in. This works as confirmed ( green tick) then immediately defaults to disconnect when I try to use in Roon.
I have no problem in logging in to Tidal and receiving services directly ( without Roon ) eg Naim Muso and Sonos Move or directly any i Device.
Regards Huw

You may have to tag support now

Chris How do mean “ tag” support

Roon do not give me support because I use an Innuos Zen Mini, which they do not like at all. That said this current new Tidal issue is not related to anything related to Innuos. It occurred coincident with 1.8 build 880

Of course because it affects overall functionality I can’t access my CD album library either. Nice Xmas present!

Regards Huw

You may have answered your own question with unsupported hardware… I’m not computer literate enough to help I’m afraid…

No Chris its not Innuos related - its Roon Tidal function.
Huw

Maybe try going to the Tidal site outside of Roon and logging out. Then, go back to Roon and log in again. Just a thought of something to try. Tidal and Qobuz are both working well for me running Build 882 on a Nucleus. So, it could be hardware related. Sometimes a Roon update will expose hardware problems.

if you want support, you should describe what happened under the Support category, describe your setup, equipment, etc, so that the troubleshooting process can begin. If you go forward, you should also keep an open mind. With hundreds of thousands of Roon/TIDAL users, the mere combination of the two being the problem is highly unlikely.

On the other hand, if your aim was to complain, then you are done!

Correction - I am able to access the CD library that resides in the Zen Mini. Its only Tidal streams that cant be accessed

John, Thats not my purpose. I do want to drag up old issues but I unfortunately experienced some really bad responses from Roon support. Some of their comments about Innuos equipment were on the edge of libellous - pretty sad really.
On the other hand when raising the issues with Innuos their response has been rapid and helpful throughout. I can’t ask them about this one because its not related.

Well good luck and hope you find your problem.

Try rebooting everything including your router.

Done Jim , no change - also I tried logging out of Tidal elsewhere and then log in via Roon- problem remains - says Tidal login successful but actually it isn’t - at least on Roon.
Thanks regards Huw

@Huw – something is wrong with the zenmini – it isnt talking to us at all. you sure your DNS is ok?

Check your DNS settings, change to 1.1.1.1 if unsure. also, i assume you are using a paid tidal account, the free tier does not work with roon.

This is yet another reason we dislike the zenmini. It is notoriously hard to support it.

Anyway, as this seems to be coming up a lot, can you please confirm the tier you have for your TIDAL account?

Please do this by checking Settings → Services → TIDAL for your account name, and then logging into that account at tidal.com. Please do not do it from memory. I just want to make sure that TIDAL hasn’t done something goofy with your account.

Danny , thank you for your reply.

First I have a fully paid Tidal Hi Fi account ( for several years) I did check the subscription yesterday and was OK. To be sure I logged out and back in again. Tidal is also fully accessible directly on non Roon devices - Naim Muso 2 and Sonos Move or any i device.

When I log in via Roon settings - services I am able to log into to Tidal using my usual credentials, BUT though it says connection successful with green tick, it actually is not … as when I revert back to services it again shows Tidal not configured. I have tried this many times - same result.
After release of 1.8 Build 880 things appeared to be functioning normally - it was only after 882 arrived that I lost access.
I am able to access and play stored albums Zen Mini . I have several Meridian audio zones playing through Meridian 218 into 52KSE - ie all MQA enabled.

No Tidal albums are now visible and the "clean up library"option show 7497 files no longer available . - I guess these are the Tidal files.

House wide Cat 6A gigabit network, with Unifi managed switching and APs. Incoming Zen fibre broadband 100/100- all functioning normally. All units have been rebooted. Zen Mini backed up and rebooted including full hard reboot. I flagged the issue to Innuos this morning and am waiting feedback.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Huw

Danny Additional info - our standard Google DNS is 8.8.8.8- always been so.

They aren’t tidal files, they are your local library files. No tidal is stored in your library. Sounds like something has gone wrong pointing to your local files or you have changed the location.

Ged, To my knowledge location has not been changed . NB this 7497 files clean up appeared after 882 build. The Zen is anyway on fixed IP and remains as before.
Regards
Huw

Pretty sure that this clean up covers streaming service records as well as local content.