Roon Titan Nucleus concerns [resolved, was broken cable and the user interface for processing speed was misinterpreted]

Great post. Plus, with literally “no computer skills” it would be pointless to use a Nucleus with an internal drive because the buyer would not be able to transfer music to it :slight_smile: Most people who manage that will also manage to transfer a drive if they have instructions, unless there is a physical impairment.

2 Likes

But you weren’t really, if the actual exchange is a mystery.

I once spent several hours on the phone helping a blind 80ish y/o man with his wife as his eyes, talking them putting a ROCK NUC together. They were successful. I have maintained that since then, anyone can put one together with the will and the time.

6 Likes

I just wanted to allow for the few cases where someone may be able to work an OS but not the small screws etc. of a physical exchange, just to preempt any posts arguing this :slight_smile:

I took this as rhetorical and a statement rather than an actual question.
It’s very common here to do this, no idea where Tom is but maybe this is just a cultural difference with the interpretation.

1 Like

May well be, but nevertheless there is nothing useful to say if we don’t know what was said. It is rare but I had to make such a decision in the past as well, and it can be totally legitimate. It’s also possible that there was a misunderstanding or Roon Labs may have been unreasonable. Impossible to judge either way.

And you at the end of the phone :wink:

1 Like

A colour by numbers type instruction manual, plenty of pictures and @Rugby ’s phone number

2 Likes

I took his post to just mean he didn’t receive the service from Roon that he expected.

1 Like

Yes, and I’m just saying we have no idea what he expected and why the cancellation was the outcome.

2 Likes

Hey @Tom_Harris, it’s pretty easy, and I think you could do it without any problem. I covered the process in my Nucleus One user experience article. Scroll down to the section titled Switching to Nucleus One server and take a look.

@Rugby’s directions are solid as well, simply remove the storage drive from your Nucleus/ROCK, install it in the Titan, restore a recent Roon database backup, and you’re all set. You can find more info on creating a backup of your Roon database here.

3 Likes

Update:

6 Likes