Roon UI becomes broken when trying to move tracks via drag-n-drop procedure on playlist details [Ticket In]

Roon Server Machine

INTEL NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

In the last few days I have discovered that when I move a track within a playlist it doesn’t stick but rather ghosts around as I scroll. I am having no problem playing music or adding tracks to the playlist - only moving them. This is true on my iPhone, iPad and my MAC. This problem began after the recent update that occurred. I rebooted the server a couple of times and that didn’t help. Not sure if others have noticed this. Thanks, Mike

Same Problem here. Server is running on an openSUSE Leap-System. If the moved track is clicked again, the result is a complete shutdown of the client. Same behaviour on Windows (11) and Mac Os (Sonoma).
I hope it will be fixed soon.

Volker

And I echo Volker_OS’s note that it also shuts down my server.

I posted a report on this, with a short video to demonstrate the issue in Early Access

No response as yet.

Yes, I can confirm that there’s a bug here (using Roon on Windows 11). The first move seems to work, but then the UI locks up and handle dragging doesn’t work anymore.

I am also getting the same problem since the latest upgrade. My server is running on ROCK and when the symptom starts I get it on all my client remotes (iPadOS, Android, and Windows).

@ivan not sure if you saw this post, but I created a short animated GIF to demonstrate this issue with moving tracks.

As Robert says, the track you are moving seem to get stuck and stays on top of the playlist and never drops into place. More reports here.

Hi, @j_a_m_i_e, thank you. Your issue is a bit different since it’s a UI issue while the track removal seems to be backend one. However, we are going to take a look into both while working in this area.

Thanks!

Ivan

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon isn’t removing music from playlists

Hi, @j_a_m_i_e, I split this issue into a separate thread so that we can troubleshoot this issue more precisely. Could you, please, provide an answer to the following questions:

1. Am I getting that when you are in this state, to get out of this, you need to reboot your remote device?
  2. How often do you get into this state and which scrolling method seems to provoke this bug to appear more often, i.e. scrolling using mouse whell + dragging or using touchpad, etc?
  3. Are you able to reproduce this with any playlist or there are specific playlists which seems to be affect more often than others?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for looking into this,

1/ 4 times out of 5 it eventually crashes my Mac desktop client, requiring me to restart it.

2/ It happens every time, I only have a trackpad so it’s every time I use the trackpad to drag / reorder tracks.

If you look at the thread I linked to I don’t seem alone here, not does it seem limited to the Mac OS desktop client.

3/ It happens with all the playlists I have tried so far, they would all have had a mix of streaming & local tracks for sure and maybe some unavailable tracks.

I haven’t yet tested Qobuz vs Roon playlists, nor playlist with only streaming vs local tracks.

@Ivan this thread contains many similar reports, not sure if that helps…

1 Like

My problem is all files that come from Qubuz. I take the track away and the next time I use that playlist it is back again. I have 140 playlists and there is the same problem on all of them. I use the the buttom delete from playlist.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

How do I ...?

Trying to drag and drop songs in a playlist doesn't work. Something happens and the track disappears from the playlist. Adding the track again and the old entry shows up together with the new one. Happens both on the Mac app and the iOS app (the Mac app crashes of it).

Must be some read/write error to the database?
If I delete a track and add another one, the deleted track reappears. So adding works but deleting or changing them does not.

Roon ROCK
Operating system Version 1.0 (build 259)
Server software Version 2.0 (build 1365)

And I have backups of the database but no clue when this issue appeared.

May be related to this one:

Yes, it is definitely the same issue.

I would like to second the request to fix the UI issue where we cannot drag and drop\reorder songs in a playlist.

1 Like

Sighting for Roon Server 1365, Roon Remote 1365 on OSX / IPAD: affects almost all playlists. For larger playlists tracks stay on top once dragged and dropped and after a couple of seconds the app crashes (OSX and also on IOS) or it stays on top for ever (whenever I render the playlist view - leaving and bringing up the playlist doesn’t change anything). Adding and removing tracks seems to work. Affects at least some of my playlists. When I reorder a super small playlist (10-20 tracks) it sometimes takes a while (roughly 3-5 seconds) and then the track snaps. The RoonServer.log doesn’t show any errors (only trace records).

1. Restart Roon Control to get back to playlist. There isn’t a way to reorder the playlist (no workaround). Restarting the server doesn’t help.
  2. Happens whenever I reorder a playlist (drag and drop a track). This issue has recently introduced. Maybe with 1365 or the previous version. More probably with 1365 as I am currating my playlists frequently and I didn’t obsere that issue before.
  3. Affects almost all playlist but I successfully reordered a super small playlist in the morning (this has only 10 tracks, the reorderung took a couple of seconds but it finally snapped in). All my playlist are local (even if I connected Qobuz but I don’t have streaming tracks in my playlists).