Roon UI stops updating after restoring from minimized

Roon Core Machine

CPU: Intel i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB
Display Resolution: 3840 x 2160
GPU: RTX 3080 TI, Latest Nvidia Drivers (522.25)

Roon Version: 2.0 (build 1133) production (64bit)

Number of Tracks in Library

5,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon UI will stop updating after restoring from minimized.

The UI will look normal but won’t respond to changes, e.g., pause/play button, track progress bar, etc. all stuck.

Resizing the window will result in stretching/shrinking (see image).

Music will continue playing, and all keyboard shortcuts are still functional.

@Matthew_Zhou, welcome to the community and sorry to hear about your issues with restoring mimimized W10 windows. Two questions:

1. Are you video drivers current and up-to-date?

2. Can you see if this helps, it may not be an identical problem but similar enough to what you are experiencing:

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Zhou

In addition to what @Robert_F mentioned, can you also visit settings>about and ensure you don’t have an update ready? We recently released a fix that would touch on the issue of freezing from minimization.

Thanks,
Wes

2 Likes

Mine no longer crashes after returning from minimized. It does like to take its time though.

Slow > crashed

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

1. My video drivers are up to date. I’ve updated the original post to reflect that as well as my GPU (RTX 3080 TI).

2. Unfortunately, that solution did not solve the problem.

1 Like

Hi,

I am on the latest version of Roon. I’ve updated the original post with my version number (Roon version 2.0 build 1133).

1 Like

Thank you for the information here. You were most thorough. We are collecting instances of this (only 2 so far) but we are working with development on a way to recreate and/or fix this.

Next, I’d like to ask you to try and duplicate the problem and then note the date/time to provide it for me here. I’ll look at diagnostics to see what Roon thinks is happening and do my best to get this addressed for you.

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

Hi,

Do you need me to upload the logs as well?

Hi @Matthew_Zhou,

I can receive remote diagnostics for review but thank you for the offer. We’re moving forward with collecting these instances and presenting a case to our development group.

One last idea outside of a development side fix is a fresh install. You can try this if you’d like since it’s a relatively quick thing to try.

Wes

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.