Roon unexpectedly shuts down, iMac reverts to startup screen when Roon shuts down

Roon on my iMac shuts down unexpexdely after about 30-40 minutes.

Reverts to startup screen where I select the user that is logging in.

I do not have that issue when I travel with my Macbook. No shutdowns.

Also, Roon takes a very long time to start up.

I use Macbook,iPad mini 6 and iphone 12 Pro as remotes.

When I go to the Dominican Republic, I log into Roon with Macbook, and that becomes the Core. Does not have the revert problem and Roon runs much quicker during startup.

Daniel, so we can improve on how we can support you, can you please provide information per the following:

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Greenberg,

Following up on @Robert_F’s requests, please fill out your complete setup in more detail, as this information is crucial for the tech team to have on hand to better understand your system.

With that, please reproduce the issue, grab a timestamp (date, time) and report back here. From there, we can enable diagnostics on your account and see what might be going on at the time of the crash.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

High Ben:

Not sure what other info you are asking for.

I gave you the roon setup-version and my library info. Also my iMac info.

Can you please elaborate on wha you do not have?

thanks

Dan

@Daniel_Greenberg :

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hello Ben:

I appreciate your assistance. But other than the Roon Core upgrade to 2.0, I believe I have sent the info requested.

Once again, the Roon Core streams from my office iMac to two separate Blue Sound devices. (one in Living Room and one in bedroom,).

They each feed the respective amplifiers in that room.

There are some KEF LSK speakers in my office that do not require streaming so these are hard wired.

I have another system in a condo in Dominican Republic and that works fine.

I run Roon Core from a MacBook there. I have to deauthorize my iMac in CT for this to work, but there is not an overt problem.

Neither of these issues are as they were:

The installation on CT although worked fine initially has some issues now. (including playback quality)

The volume is fixed when I never set it that way.

And the speakers cannot be grouped together which I would prefer.

Is there a test I can run on the installation.? It is almost if it is crippled.

Not using it much—instead using Tidal which works as it is supposed to.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Dan

From: Benjamin Capogrossi via Roon Labs Community <community@roonlabs.com>
Reply-To: Benjamin Capogrossi via Roon Labs Community <community@roonlabs.com>
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:17 PM
To: Daniel Greenberg <intfoodsbvi@gmail.com>
Subject: [Roon Labs Community] [Support] Roon unexpectedly shuts down, iMac reverts to startup screen when Roon shuts down

Image removed by sender.45x45 benjamin Benjamin Capogrossi Roon Staff: Technical Support
September 8

@Daniel_Greenberg :

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Ben:

Just following up as I have some time this weekend.

Any further thoughts on my issues with Roon?

It has really degraded over the last few weeks. More and more functions that previously worked do not.

At your convenience, please get back to me.

I am pleased to have a resource for these issues.

Using mostly Tidal from their app until Roon is working again.

Tnx

Dan

[Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.28.25 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.25.49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.28.25 PM.png](https://Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.28.25 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.25.49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.28.25 PM.png)

Hey @Daniel_Greenberg,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. It looks like you recently attempted to share a screenshot, but were unsuccessful. Please give that another try if you’d like!

With that said, we’re not able to connect to your iMac to enable diagnostics. Please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader. That way, we can take a closer look into why your iMac is crashing :+1:

It may also be helpful if you shared the system crash logs from your iMac as well. Feel free to include those with your upload.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.