Roon update messed my library

Hi,
I update my Roon to the latest build 1392. There was no choice but to update since you can’t use Roon without doing it. The problem is it rebuilt my library. Now my library is a complete mess. Various Artists albums are taken apart and tracks are everywhere. I need to find all the stray tracks and manually merge them one by one. All my music files are organized into album folders. All I want is Roon library to reflect this structure. Is there a way to rectify it, or to undo update? I stopped counting how many times Roon messed up my library after I took pains to rebulid it manually. This is really frustrating.

1 Like

Hey @Keewoong_Lee,

Thanks for writing in and for your report, you have my apologies for the library issues you’re running into!

Could you please reboot your Roon Server device twice and let me know if your issues persist?

Do you have a recent backup saved? If the above doesn’t help, could you test out restoring from a saved backup?

We’ll be on standby for your reply. Thank you! :+1:

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your suggestions, and they certainly helped. Still, however, they weren’t perfect and I had to fix a couple of hundred albums. Now I find my library in fairly good shape. I just dread the next update that would make me go through this all over again.

Hi Benjamin,

Same thing happened to my library. Rebooted ROCK twice which didn’t help. Then restored library from backup. That seems to have helped; although, I have several albums I have to re-identify. Also lost a playlist since apparently daily library backups don’t recognize playlists and changes (seriously?). The backup it gave me to restore was from the last time I imported music into my library six weeks ago. It did backup last night, so I don’t know what that’s all about.

Also concerned with updates. They are being pushed quickly and quality seems to be suffering. Go fast and break things isn’t a good philosophy when the things you break are customer facing and detrimental…and they get past QA.

I am having the same issue. Sometimes after I make a bunch of corrections by merging newly separated albums, all of a sudden new albums begin getting chopped up. Often when I correct one album, adjacent albums that were also separated will suddenly correct themselves.It is very disconcerting to see the album covers move around as new albums get separated (or sometimes corrected). This is happening mostly to compilations. I hope other elements in the database aren’t getting corrupted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.