Roon v1.7 on QNAP TS-453BT3 "track failed to load" "too many failures"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP TS-453Bt3 4.4.1 117/Roon 1.7 build 505 QPKG 2019.06.09)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
QNAP 10 GB port > to 10 GB
QNAP QSW-1208-8C > Cisco RV340 firewall > Comcast 1 GB modem/WiFi)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iMac Pro 10 GB port connected to QSW-1208-8C
Oppo 203 connected to a dumb switch which connects to QSW.
iPhone Max Plus iOS 13,2,3 connected to Comcast via WiFi

Description Of Issue
When playing a Tidal playlist to the Oppo, (controlled by iPhone) I get the errors:

“Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load”
“Too many failures stopping players back”

I see the cover art for 3-4 tracks flash and then get the error.
These errors stated when QNAP was updated to Roon 1.7.

Hi @David_Moor,

Does the same behavior occur if you play TIDAL content to a different endpoint, like System Output of the iOS remote?

Is local content playing okay?

The results are inconsistent. I don’t think I’ve seen a failure running Roon on my IOS iPhone. However I have seen failures from Roon on my iPhone and iMac going to both HomePods and the Oppo.

Hi @David_Moor,

Does this behavior only occur with Local content or have you seen it for streaming content as well (TIDAL/Qobuz)?

I’m not certain, but this looks like a managed switch to me, can you confirm? Managed switches are a bit trickier to get working with Roon correctly, as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices guide.

If you have the option of enabling “flow control”, we have seen this setting hep in the past. As a test, you may want to try completely bypassing this switch and connect your Core + Endpoint to the unmanaged switch instead.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.