Roon will not completely start

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical processor(s)
Roon Build: Latest downloaded 10 Apr 2020.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Directly connected to Google Wifi hub on Google Wifi mesh network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Dragonfly Red directly connected to compter
Mytek Brooklyn DAC connected to a laptop on Wifi

Description Of Issue
I click to start Roon and it shows the Quote splash page and then goes to the blank page with the pulsating Roon symbol and then stays there forever ( I left it overnight)
I reinstalled without uninstalling and then uninstalled (program files only) and reinstalled. Both times I end up in the same state. See picture

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Brian_Johnston,

Is this a new installation or did this used to work previously? If it’s something that worked before, was there anything that changed around the time this started occurring? Have you tried rebooting the Core machine?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response.

The installation has been working for over 1 year until yesterday. It is my core installation.
I don’t believe I changed anything and I was only running some memory diagnostics. I did reboot the system after one of my reinstall attempts.

I just did find the following:

1. Close Roon
  2. Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Roon
  3. Move all folders accept the ‘Application’ folder to any other folder ( do not delete them, because that’s your actually database which contains all edits, playlists, play history etc. )
  4. Launch Roon

I tried that and now get to the following screen:

If you’ve taken Settings==>Backups then this step isn’t necessary to preserve these things.

Don’t know what @dylan will suggest, but if you do have Roon library backups you could 'Set up Roon Core on this PC" as in the above and then do a Roon library Restore. That will restore all your edits, playlists, play history, etc.

Along those lines, if you’re going to install a new copy of Roon, you might want to rename your old database folder.

You can find it here -
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have backups. Now I just have to remember where I had it set to save them :slight_smile:

Thanks @xxx. I found my backups and reinstalled Roon and did a library restore. Roon is working now and all my info was restored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.