Roon will not connect with my pixel 6 using the same settings

I just upgraded from a pixel 2 to pixel 6. put it on the same 2.4 network, had it scan the same IP as my computer is on (LAN); also tried the same wireless IP as my tablet. Roon cannot find the roon core.

Hey Jim, sorry for the delay getting back to you! We need a bit more information, could you tell me more about your networking setup? What networking gear are you using (switches, router, etc) and how is everything connected?

I am using a wifi 6 router by TP link Archer AX50. I am using the 2.4ghz channel. I have network switches but they are for hardwire. The computer on which the Roon Core is located is wired directly to the router without going through a switch. The computer is a core i7 machine running windows 10. My Huawei tablet and my old Pixel 2 have no problem connecting wirelessly over the 2.4ghz channel. now that is funny…I just went to my pixel 6 to make sure it was looking for the ip channel showed in my router dashboard…and it connected. Is there a place in settings I can see what IP it is using? One more question. I am going to add a Cocktail Time N15D to my wired network…anything I need to do to make sure it accesses Roon? thank you

Excellent! Must’ve been a glitch in the matrix, glad you’re back up and connected. :slight_smile: On Android 12, you can check your IP address in Settings > About this phone > IP address.

I am going to add a Cocktail Time N15D to my wired network…anything I need to do to make sure it accesses Roon?

Nope! Should be pretty much plug & play – as long as your N15D is on the same network it should pop right up as an available Roon Ready endpoint.

Thank you! …now it takes about 10 seconds to find the core when i open Roon. I did find the phone’s ip…different on the phone than what shows in the router settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.