Roon will not play my external music

And the advanced area…why does it not have a device name?

Try and load defaults…then save

Also maybe try fixed volume…I’m not sure if the dac has a volume control too, but assuming you are using the Marantz to manage volume

I would also quit the tidal app when using roon

Ok, have worked it out…My DAC had to be set at 16 Max Bits Per Sample…24 and 32 do not work…the default was set at 32.

Thanks so much for your time and efforts!!

Did you set your DAC to 16 or ROON to 16. That DAC can handle, 44.1, 48, and 96 through the USB interface in 24 bit. (note NOT 88.2). And Roon should work if set at 24. The article below mentions manually setting it to 24 bits in the Midi setup on the Mac as it can default to 16 bits there.

See this clip from the Stereophile Review: https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/media/reviews/stereophile-dacit-review.pdf

The USB input correctly handled data with sample rates of 32, 44.1, 48, and 96kHz, but not 88.2kHz; the DAC•iT’s Tenor TE7022L USB receiver chip is unable to operate at that sample rate, or at any rate above 96kHz. The Mac’s USB Prober utility identified the DAC•iT as being a “Peachtree USB DAC” from “Peachtree audio,” and revealed that the DAC•iT could operate as a two-channel processor with 16- or 24-bit capability in the normal “isochronous adaptive” mode. I found one anomaly: Not every music player program set the bit depth to 24. I was using Bias Peak Pro to play my test-signal WAV files; when I played 24-bit files, I got obvious truncation at the 16th bit, so I checked AudioMidi Set-Up: the DAC•iT had defaulted to 16 bits. I believe that Amarra, which Jon Iverson used for the review, correctly handles this, but the Peachtree’s bit rate can always be manually set to 24.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.