Roon will only play track for 1-3 secs then cuts out and moves to next track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Asus ROG motherboard Intel i5 processor Roon 1
.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus AC1900 dual band Router ethernet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi and Ethernet Fibre supply 50-100Mbps upload and Download

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PC to Chord mojo via USB to Marantz SR6013 AV receiver.

Roon unusable for several days when trying to play tracks get “Tidal Media Loading slowly …” It plays 1-3 secs then cuts out and moves to next track, Have had this before but occurs only once or twice. Network is fine fast connection, Netflix/Utube etc all work fine.

Everything was fine for me then I started seeing this here and there… I have been playing around with upsampling (even to DSD256) and it was fine but then I started experiencing this.

My “core” in on a Mac Mini and after trying a lot of other things and even disabling all DSP and going from WiFi back to wired Ethernet… I rebooted my core. I’m now back to playing with DSP256 upsampling with convolution filters and have no more issues.

I’ve since set my core Mac Mini to reboot every night at 3am, and have Roon set to auto-reopen on restart.

Hi @Colin_Wilby,

Does the issue only impact the Chord Mojo zone or does it also impact other zones like System Output from your Core for example?

Think it was a network problem, had tech engineer reset and check routers and so far no problems thank you. The problem was same on all zones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.