Roon (Win10, 64-bit) crashes constantly after initial install

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 64-bit Version 2004 System Build 19041.450
Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2GHz)
64 GB RAM, 260 GB free disk space on root drive, 3TB free on data drives
Roon build unknown, downloaded today

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Installed Roon (RoonInstaller64.exe) today as standard user on my Windows 10 desktop (only PC holding music files).

Roon started initially ok, asking for account information, music folders and renderers in network.

While loading music files (approx. after 10,000 or so) it crashed. After starting Roon again it crashes immediately, again and again. Restarting the computer or re-installing (also as root) does not help.

Sorry for the trouble here, @Michael_Imhoff! Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Hi Dylan!
Thank you very much for your quick response!
Do you have an email address to which I can address the Dropbox link?
Best regards, Michael

Just kibitzing here.

Click on dylan’s icon and then Message to put link in a PM.

Thanks a lot for kibitzing :wink:
But do you have an idea what I shall do when I do not find the “Message” Button?

Aha, you haven’t been on the forum long enough to be able to message.

@dylan or one of the @moderators will fix that so you can.

The forum is the place for Roon @support, so there is no e-mail option.

Thanks a lot again!
And yes, your assumption is correct: I have been on the forum for less than 48 hours, with one message only …

Yeah, no problem.

BTW - you’re an open book. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Michael_Imhoff, and thanks for your report! I’m going to send you another message with some instructions via PM shortly. Please take a look!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.