Roon windows app keeps crashing with "Roon has stopped working"

Roon Core Machine

QNAP

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

2-3 times per day, on my Windows 10 PC where I’m running the Roon app it crashes with the following:

Roon has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I then have to reload Roon app and it’s ok again for a few hours…

I’m having the same issue and symptoms. Crashes every 3-10 hours on my core PC running Windows 11. Been happening ever since the 2.0 ARC update. Very annoying having to restart Roon every time.

Hi, @Dan_Mason, @Jesus_Costantino, thank you for your reports. Could you, please, provide answers to the following questions:

1. Are you using Windows machines to run Roon Remote and not Roon Core?
  2. Did you notice any specific steps that can lead to that problem? I mean like minimizing the app and maximising it, waking up your machine for sleep, etc.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

1, My core is on a QNAP NAS and my Windows 10 PC is just the remote.
2. It’s usually whilst I’ve been using another app for a while (but Roon is still running) and then I switch back to the Roon app, click anywhere and it hangs for 2-3 seconds and then crashes.

Thanks

1. My Roon core is a Windows 11 PC. And I use a variety of non-Windows remotes (two iOS devices, a raspberry pi device using Ropieee, and a Macbook). None of these have changed over the past year, but issues began after the transition to Roon 2.0.
  2. Roon crashes unpredictably, but usually anywhere from 3-10 hours after restarting it. Nothing in particular seems to cause it directly (minimizing, running other apps, remote use, etc).

Hi @ivan any update on this? thanks

Quick update for my crashing issues: the latest Roon updates combined with a complete rebuild of my file library seem to have solved my issues with regular crashes. Phew! Good luck to the other poster.

1 Like

Hey @Dan_Mason,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to let you know that our team is still investigating the root cause of this issue. We don’t have a definite solution yet, but we’re working hard toward it!

In the meantime, I would try the steps @Jesus_Costantino recently found success with, and let me know how things run.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply, and will also keep you in the loop on any findings on our end :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.