Roon windows app keeps crashing with "Roon has stopped working"

Roon Core Machine

QNAP

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

2-3 times per day, on my Windows 10 PC where I’m running the Roon app it crashes with the following:

Roon has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I then have to reload Roon app and it’s ok again for a few hours…

I’m having the same issue and symptoms. Crashes every 3-10 hours on my core PC running Windows 11. Been happening ever since the 2.0 ARC update. Very annoying having to restart Roon every time.

Hi, @Dan_Mason, @Jesus_Costantino, thank you for your reports. Could you, please, provide answers to the following questions:

1. Are you using Windows machines to run Roon Remote and not Roon Core?
  2. Did you notice any specific steps that can lead to that problem? I mean like minimizing the app and maximising it, waking up your machine for sleep, etc.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

1, My core is on a QNAP NAS and my Windows 10 PC is just the remote.
2. It’s usually whilst I’ve been using another app for a while (but Roon is still running) and then I switch back to the Roon app, click anywhere and it hangs for 2-3 seconds and then crashes.

Thanks

1. My Roon core is a Windows 11 PC. And I use a variety of non-Windows remotes (two iOS devices, a raspberry pi device using Ropieee, and a Macbook). None of these have changed over the past year, but issues began after the transition to Roon 2.0.
  2. Roon crashes unpredictably, but usually anywhere from 3-10 hours after restarting it. Nothing in particular seems to cause it directly (minimizing, running other apps, remote use, etc).

Hi @ivan any update on this? thanks