Roon with Apogee Control 2

Roon Core Machine

Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

DUET 3 by Apogee DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am running into a conflict when I run both Roon and Apogee Control 2 at the same time.

Control 2 freezes and then the Duet is no longer a viable output source. Any thoughts?

It seems I can quit Control 2 and restart and all seems to work, but I wonder if there is a better solution.

Thanks

@Finn_Campman, welcome to the community. I am not sure there is a solution here as Apogee Control software is going to try to do the same thing as Roon with the Duet 3, that is take exclusive control of the Duet hardware. Is your Duet set up in Exclusive mode in Roon? If so, then turn that off and see if the two applicaitons can co-exist.

Alternately, when using Roon, do you need to have Apogee Control running? I have a Focusrite Scarlett interface I use to connect my desktop PC Remote or Mac Core to a set of studio monitors, but I don’t run the Focusrite software simultaneously. My Scarlett is run in Exclusive mode in Roon.

Thanks Robert,

I so appreciate your quick response. Your description of the issue is spot on and your personal solution is what I am doing now. I will check on “exclusivity". I find that control in Roon settings?

In general, I am so happy with Roon as the new face and librarian of my ever growing music library.

Great to hear, and yes, “Exclusive mode” settings (either on or off) can be found in Roon’s Settings → Audio tab. For each device that is Enabled in Roon, selecting their gear icon and then choosing Device Setup brings you to a set of options. The second option is to set “Exclusive mode” to either on or off.

Does this help?

It does, thanks Robert.
I turned off “exclusive mode” for my Duet 3 and I seem to have control using both Roon and Apogee Control 2. I need to test it out a little more, and I am not really sure if I am taking a hit in quality by sharing control.

I’ll mark this as solved @Finn_Campman. Let us know if you have any more questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.