Roon with Bose adapter

Would this bose product work with Roon?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Martin

Hi,

Looking at that Bose site this device does not support Roon Advanced Audio Transport (RAAT) or Airplay so the answer unfortunately is no.

What system did you intend to connect to this Bose adapter?

1 Like

Thanks Carl.

My idea was to plug it into my PS Audio Direct Stream which works with Roon. I wanted the Bose Adapter to be an easy access link to my system for my wife who doesn’t use Roon. I wanted here to be able to play via Bluetooth. Maybe the easiest would be to buy an Apple Tv with airplay since she use Apple iPhone?

Yep a little Apple Airport Express also: https://www.apple.com/compare-wifi-models/

It has a mini Toslink ouput (3.5mm). So you just need a 3.5mm to Toslink cable. You can use that with your DirectStream’s Toslink input.

She can Airplay nearly all her iPhone’s audio to that. Whereas with the Bose, she’d be limited to those streaming apps.

Even smarter. Thanks Sean!

No worries, always happy to help - but especially a fellow DirectStream DAC’er :smile:

It’s now 2021 and I just started using Roon. I found out surprisingly that all my Bose SoundTouch devices, including my SoundTouch Link work with Roon. It recognized it along with all my Apple TV devices when I started it up. Plays to it just fine. What end quality I don’t know yet.
The SoundTouch Link can be used with either its internal DAC or connected through SPDIF to my Emotive UMC-200’s own DACs.